Research in the Bonnell Group is focused on the fundamental basis of property variations at atomic scales in complex materials and exploiting these variations to make functional systems. Properties of surfaces and interfaces dictate the behavior of devices ranging from biosensors to solar cells to computer processors. Recent advances allow us to manipulate, control, and measure local properties at nanometer scales. We develop new probes of local properties, examine atomistic properties at surfaces and interfaces and use this knowledge to design innovative hybrid nanostructures.
- Scanning Probe Microscopy
- Ferroelectric Nanolithography
- Molecular Optoelectronics/Photovoltaics
- Atomistic Processes at Surfaces
- Transport at Interfaces
- Properties of Individual Molecule